National Federation of Atomic Energy Employees
Recognised by DAE vide DAE OM No. 8/1/2007 – IR&W/95 dated 13th June 2007
JCM Office, Brindavan, Anusaktinagar, Mumbai 400 094
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref No: nfaee/sg/08/121 30.08.2008
GOVERNMENT RELEASED GAZETTE NOTIFICATION IN THE MID NIGHT-
A LATE NIGHT AFFAIR OF THE GOVERNMENT
The Gazette Notification by the Government of India has been published yesterday LATE NIGHT in the website of Ministry of Finance. This was done after circulating the unofficial copy of Notification to our affiliates through email. Now we can say that what is exhibited by us is authentic. However comrades who want to verify the original Notification of Gazette can visit the Finance Ministry website http://www.finmin.nic.in - Both Hindi and English version of Notification is available in the above Finance Ministry website.
Since the official Notification has been published by the Government, the immediate reactions/preliminary comments and observations on the common issues hereunder:
1. As already analysed by the National Executive of Confederation of Central Government Employees the denial of Need Based Minimum Wage as per 15th ILC norms Rs.10,000 for Group 'D' but only granting of Rs.7,000 as Minimum wage to Group 'C' is most disappointing.
2. The fitment formula of 1.86 times of basic pay as on 1.1.2006 do not ensure even minimum wage rise of 40% to employees while the Group A officers
3. Group D employees without Matriculation qualification would only get the fitment in 1S scale with 1300/- grade pay and not PB-1 scale with 1800/- pay now until they are retrained suitably. The Non-Matriculate Group D officials who retired between 1.1.2006 and now would not be eligible for the PB-1 at all and thus deprived even this minimum wage of 7,000/- level and therefore their pension benefit would go down which is a major disappointment to the low paid employees.
4. Recommendation of pay commission to not to allow Merger of Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay at any stage is accepted. This is going to make a big difference and negative impact on our wages in future.
5. The three Assured Career Progression (ACP) is recommended in the Pay hierarchy not in the grade hierarchy, which great loss to the administrative & auxiliary staff
Transport Allowance - The employees below Rs.4000/- basic pay in the existing pay scales are going to get very less increase because of acceptance of recommendation for abolition of CCA.
7. Flexi-time for women employees and flexi-week recommended for physically challenged are rejected by the Government.
1. Transport Allowance for those employees in the basic pay of 4000/- in revised pay scales also will be on par with those who are in grade pay level of 4200/- to 4800/-. These employees will get 1600/- + DA on it in Metro Cities and 800/- + DA on it in all other places.
2. Campus restriction for Transport Allowance is removed by the Government so that all employees who occupy campus attached quarters [like SPM Quarters] will also be eligible for Transport Allowance.
The modification by the Government for granting two uniform dates of annual increments to facilitate drawal of increment either on 1st January or on 1st July is am improvement.
Benefit of one increment is given to avoid bunching of more than two stages in the revised running pay bands [But @ 3% of basic pay in pay band without including Grade Pay].
5. Rejection of the recommendation for reducing the Holidays only to National Holidays and allowing the status-quo is welcome.
The decision of the National Executive of Confederation of Central Government employees & workers to go for an indefinite strike is the only alternative for opposing the retrograde stand of the Government on many issues like Need Based Minimum wage, Denial of uniform fitment benefit to all, Denial of Transport Allowance minimum 1200/-+DA on it for Metro and 800/-+DA on it for other places, Denial of Minimum 10% fixation benefit on promotion, Denial of ACP on grade hierarchy etc.
The Working Committee meeting scheduled to be held on 17th & 18th September shall assess thread bear the Government Notification & take important decisions to ensure justice to the workforce for of the Department
Let us concentrate to build a powerful movement by forging unity with all possible organisations outside the Confederation and let lose a powerful campaign and agitational programme to culminate in indefinite strike. Acceptance without further increase would result in huge loss.